Monday, February 16, 2009

aftershock

July 25, 2006

It's taken me days and days to adjust to the whole twin thing. Initially, all I could do was cry and cry. Then, it progressed to a few days where all I wanted to do was sleep. Although I'm still super tired and feeling generally busted, I think I've made it out of the shock phase and can start to deal with reality again. Honestly, I was really not prepared for the degree to which I freaked out, but I think that I am finally coming to terms with the whole thing and can even say that I'm kind of excited. There are many reasons for this, and I need to write them down for quick reference so that I can refer back whenever my courage falters in the coming months.

..1: JEREMY. He's awesome. The end. I've got the best baby daddy in the whole world. Despite the fact that I've kept him up for weeks with my incessant tossing and turning, he gently listens to me bitch and moan about how this hurts or that's sore, offers to give me back rubs and foot rubs, and talks to our babies every single night as he lathers me up with coconut oil. I would have punched me in the face by now.

..2: MY FAMILY. They're far away and have their own crazy busy lives but they'll be here in a moment's notice. And, if worse comes to worse, I can always move back to Miami for a little while.....these babies need to know about Cubans and Black people and the ocean so getting out of Austin for a little while might do us all some good.

..3: MY FRIENDS. Thank the Lord I'm an extrovert.

..4: OTHER MAMAS. AustinMamas, Prenatal yoga, and La Leche League kick ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment