Monday, February 16, 2009

baby dream

May 26, 2006

I had a dream last night that I had the baby and that it was a girl and she was born with clothes so I was only able to figure out that it was a girl by touching her crotch over the panties and feeling a little vagina. It's wierd that I wasn't comfortable just taking off her panties and looking at my own naked child, but I think it was the kind of thing where her clothes were stuck on her, like a doll's clothes are sometimes stitched on.

Also, she was born super early, like 4 months early, but she was huge and really smart and by her second day, she was already saying words and walking. The wierdest part, too, is that I knew that I should probably take her to a doctor to get checked out because she was born so early, but I was kind of keeping her a secret because I was scared that they were going to take her from me, or that something was wrong. So I kept feeling her forehead to see if she had a fever.

That's the second baby dream I've had this week. A few days ago, I dreamt that I was in the house and heard gurgling noises from a baby monitor somewhere. I opened a door to a room, and in the middle of the empty room was an ornate crib. Inside, a little boy was sitting somewhat cross-legged, muttering to himself. When he saw me, he smiled and held up his arms for me to come carry him. I can still picture his face really clearly. This whole thing is really getting very bizarre. I'm not sure what to think of it.

I'm supposed to be able to feel the baby move any day now, too, so I've been concentrating really hard on that. I'm hoping that that will take it from a surreal abstraction to a more tangible reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment