Monday, February 16, 2009

giving thanks

March 6, 2008

I can't wait til November. I feel like my latest adventures have given me a new appreciation for that which I had begun to take for granted. So here goes.

Dear Lord*, thank you for:

Making me Cuban.
Making me my mother's daughter, and my sister's sister, and my husband's wife.
Giving me two perfectly imperfect babies.
Giving me a voice to match the size of my ass.

And thank you, Austin, for:

Boggy Creek Farm on Wednesday morns.
All the babies' mamas.
And the babies' mamas' mamas.
And the future (though they don't realize it yet) babies' mamas...
And, of course, the babies' daddies. Especially mine.
And the freedom to nurse toddlers in public without the constant threat of stink eye.
And mama margarita lunches on sunny days in stuccoed patios.
And my wonderful house in my awesome neighborhood with my kick ass neighbors.
And my friends' wonderful houses in equally (if not more) awesome neighborhoods.
And my kick-ass personal assistant gig that has brought the pep back to my step (and the green back to my bank account).

Though it is not easy to live so far from the ocean, and from my family, and from the influence of latino culture, this is exactly where I want to be. And who I want to be here with.

*loosely. Interpret as you see fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment